Scope & purpose¶Many companies have chosen Java as a robust, powerful and open language. They have also made the choice of open source to reduce costs and constraints. However, a Java project is often a technological challenge:
- make the selection of open source frameworks is a difficult and risky task,
- developpers must have high technical skills,
- work on the architecture before development is essential and tedious,
- every project can be done different ways with different frameworks,
- technical assistance on open source is obtained through hazardous forums, when available,
- technical choices made at the start of the project often seem outdated at the end - how maintenance can be done 5, 10 or 15 years later ?
- providing a selection of efficient open source solutions, the compability between them being tested before release and proven by several real projects,
- simplifying the use of these solutions enabling developpers to concentrate on the business aspects,
- embeding an architecture implementation that is suitable for most business applications,
- ensuring homogeneity between projects,
- providing a unique technical assistance service on all the distribution for a long time period adapted to maintenance.
Improve Foundations is composed of a Core (IFC) which implements the main principles and architecture and some Extensions (IFE) providing useful complements to deal with classical needs in business applications. These elements, on top of other open source frameworks, are created and managed by the Improve Foundations project.
Please read first this Introduction document to know more about it.
Then look at the documentation and download executable pieces to start working on a sample.
Do not hesitate to post questions in the forum if needed.
To know more about the extended Corporate Edition, please visite the www.improve-foundations.com website.